Quote #50 - no enlightenment possible

Enlightenment says that human reason is capable of answering all the questions that the previous authority had answers to. It is saying that humans can be their own moral and ethical dictator. It is saying we can make and choose the best option, individually, we are our own rule maker. People in their lack of understanding due to time constraints, see my thoughts as if I am all for rules, authority and control, this is very incorrect.  What is correct is that while I wish to be free from constraints, and see others free from constraints, I am not naive enough to ignore what makes for a functioning society (collective good). I am aware that we have arrived to this current social state by the very virtue of human essence -we tend to do what works! What works is what we have; fear, authority and control. Can you imagine a world without it! The difference between me and say Dekker (Safety Differently) is that I do not wish too sell an idea that is not possible, and to lead others to assume it is. It is a easy sell...that of dreams Safety Cynic - by virtue of control